As one of the UK’s most respected and fastest growing acoustic companies, Wakefield Acoustics is seeking to appoint an ambitious and highly experienced Technical Sales Manager to lead and deliver business and sales growth.
Wakefield Acoustics provide noise control solutions into a number of sectors including power generation, oil & gas, and general industrial.
The role will involve all aspects of the development and management of new and existing client relationships across a range of OEM’s, End Users and Contractors
Key functions of the role include:
- In conjunction with the Managing Director and Sales Director, assist with the development and implementation of our strategic business development plan to ensure achievement of the annual sales plan and longer term growth targets.
- Build and maintain positive long term relationships with new and existing clients including OEM’s, End Users, and contractors.
- Provide a strong technical engineering, application engineering and proposal service to clients
- Negotiate tender and contract terms technically and commercially to meet both client and company needs
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and work on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs
- Liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
- Input into the design of custom-made products.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled sales engineer to play a major role in a growing business and the ideal candidate will:
- Be ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline or experience in the field of acoustics / noise control
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record of successfully selling high value bespoke engineered products within the acoustics industry
- Possess extensive acoustic and mechanical engineering skills
- Have an appreciation of the processes and requirements of industrial plant and machinery and how these relate to noise control product offerings
- Possess strong commercial, contract negotiation, sales and presentation skills
- Be dynamic, customer focused with good communication and organisational skills
- Be a self –motivated flexible individual who is also a strong team player and is comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Be prepared to travel as the business requires.
Competitive package along with excellent career and development opportunities in a growing business. In the first instance please send your CV and career details to firstname.lastname@example.org